|1-||Spirit Night at Chili's 11 am-10 pm|
|2-||Spirit Night at Chili's 11 am-10 pm|
|2-||Big Kahuna Fundraiser Pickup|
|3-||Spirit Night at Chili's 11 am-10 pm|
|4-||Spirit Night at Chili's 11 am-10 pm|
|5-||Spirit Night at Chili's 11 am-10 pm|
|8-||Student Holiday/Prof. Learning|
|18-||4th Grade Music Program 7 pm|
|19-||Family Fitness Day|
|22-||Red Ribbon Week - Dress Backwards|
|23-||Red Ribbon Week - Dress like a friend (twins)|
|24-||Red Ribbon Week - Dress in orange|
|25-||Red Ribbon Week - Dress in camo|
|26-||Red Ribbon Week - Wear mix-matched clothes|
|26-||4th Grade LISDOLA|
|29-||PTA Reflections Ceremony|
|9-||2nd Grade Swimming|
|12-||2nd Grade Swimming|
|12-||PTA Board Meeting|
|13-||2nd Grade Swimming|
|13-||5th Grade Briarwood Retreat|
|14-||2nd Grade Swimming|
|14-||5th Grade Briarwood Retreat|
|17-||Choir - Tree Lighting at the HV Shops|
|26-||Spirit Night at Chik-Fil-A 5-8|
PTA Roles (updated 2018)
- Birthday Book Club Chair – Advertises and collects money for the Birthday Book Club. Also works with librarian to select books for purchase and matches them with the students who participate throughout the year.
- Book Fair Chair – Organizes the book fair(s).
- Corporate Incentives Spirit Nights Chair – Organizes spirit nights at local businesses and coordinates the “It’s Elementary” program (when participating).
- Corporate Incentives Chair – Organizes corporate fundraising activities including but not limited to Box Tops and store reward programs (i.e., Kroger, Safeway, Amazon).
- Council Delegate – Represents Heritage Elementary PTA as a delegate to the Lewisville ISD Council of PTAs. Attends regularly scheduled LISD Council meetings, voting as a representative of Heritage Elementary PTA. Relays any information from the LISD Council to appropriate members of the PTA in a timely manner and summarizes all pertinent information from LISD Council to the Heritage Elementary PTA executive board.
- Family Fitness – Supports the PE Coach in all aspects related to Family Fitness Day including organizing volunteers, determining activities, securing sponsors, and working with vendors.
- Fundraising Chair – Researches, organizes, and executes ad hoc fundraisers to benefit Heritage Elementary PTA.
- GLCs - Each grade level has a Grade Level Coordinator who works with the lead teacher to plan the end of the year grade level party as well as coordinating classroom parties in December and February with the room representatives.
- Hawkfest Chair – Oversees all committees involved with Hawkfest.
- Hawkfest Silent Auction Chair – Organizes and runs the Hawkfest Silent Auction.
- Hospitality Chair – Organizes teacher luncheons throughout the school year and other events as needed.
- Membership Chair – Promotes an active and continuing membership of Heritage Elementary PTA; provides compiled membership lists, including address and phone numbers to the President, Secretary, Treasurer, and one set for membership records. Sends membership information to Texas PTA as required. Serves as chair for the Life Membership committee.
- Memories Chair – Works with the 5th grade teachers to coordinate the Memories program at the end of school.
- Newsletter Chair – Performs all duties as editor of Heritage Elementary PTA’s monthly newsletter. Solicits material from board members and compiles information to be included in the newsletter. Determines layout of the newsletter.
- Outdoor Classroom Chair – Promotes the outdoor classroom through activities that are planned with campus teachers and faculty. Provides students of Heritage Elementary School the opportunity to learn the importance of protecting the environment through hands-on experiences with organic gardening.
- Reflections Chair – Promotes involvement in the National PTA Reflections program. Publicizes and coordinates the local unit competitions, seeks judges and hosts a public viewing of projects submitted. Communicates participants’ progress through the various levels of competition.
- Socials Chair – Organizes social events such as movie nights, back to school party, Tears and Cheers, and any other planned social events.
- Teacher Appreciation Chair – Organizes all activities during Teacher Appreciation Week.
- Website Chair – Maintains Heritage Elementary PTA’s website to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available.
- Wrap Pack Chair – Coordinates with lead teachers in each grade level to finalize supply lists. Orders and delivers wrap packs for the start of the school year.
- Youth Protection Chair – Coordinates and organizes youth protection measures; fire prevention awareness; drug abuse prevention through participation in Red Ribbon Week in October; bullying prevention; character education.