|2-||4th grade music program|
|Spirit Night at McDonalds, 4pm-8pm|
|5-||Spirit event @ Cycle Bar|
|7-||PTA Reflections reception|
|9-||Spirit Stick sales during lunches|
|10-||Veterans Day assembly|
|16-||Spirit Night- Mi Cocina|
|17-||Respect Day- wear yellow|
|Spelling Bee- 4th & 5th grade|
|18-||Tree lighting @ The Shops|
|20-||Holiday Nov 20-24|
|Math night w/ Mathnasium|
|1-||PTA Spirit Event: Open House Boutique|
|5-||5th grade- Briarwood Retreat|
|6-||5th grade- Briarwood Retreat|
|8-||Sprit Stick sales during lunches|
|11-||2nd grade swimming (11th-14th)|
|14-||3rd grade music program, 7pm|
|21-||Early Release, 11:45am|
|Spirit Day- Chick-fil-a|
|8-||Back to School|
PTA Roles (Old Version - Update in process)
- Birthday Book Club Chair – Responsible for advertising and collecting money for the Birthday Book Club. Also responsible for working with librarian to select books for purchase and matching them with the students that participate throughout the year.
- Book Fair Chair – Responsible for organizing the fall and spring book fair.
- Character Education Chair - Responsible for working with the school counselor and committee to provide activities related to character education throughout the school year.
- Colonial Heritage Chair – Responsible for working with the 5th grade teachers in promoting colonial education.
- Corporate Incentives Chair (Box Tops and Spirit Nights) – Responsible for organizing corporate fundraising activities including, but not limited to, Box Tops, Campbell’s Soup Labels and Spirit Nights at local restaurants.
- Council Delegate – Represents our PTA as a delegate to the LISD Council of PTA’s. Attends regularly scheduled Council meetings, voting as a representative of Heritage PTA. Also responsible for relaying any information from the Council to appropriate members of our PTA in a timely manner and summarizing all pertinent information from Council to our PTA board.
- Fundraising Chair – Responsible for organizing and executing fall and spring fundraisers to benefit PTA.
- Hawkfest Chair – Responsible for overseeing all committees involved with Hawkfest.
- Hawkfest Auction Chair – Responsible for organizing and running the Hawkfest Silent Auction.
- Hospitality Chair – Responsible for organizing teacher luncheons throughout the school year and other events as needed.
- Level Library Chair – Works with classroom teachers to keep the Level Library organized.
- Library Volunteers Chair – Responsible for working with school librarian to organize volunteers for the library.
- Membership Chair – Responsible for promoting an active and continuing membership of this PTA; distributes membership cards; provides compiled membership lists, including address and phone numbers to the President, Secretary, Treasure, and School Directory Coordinator, and one set for membership records. Also responsible for sending membership information to Texas PTA as required. This Chair also serves as chair for the Life Membership committee.
- Memories Chair – Responsible for working with the 5th grade teachers to coordinate the Memories Program at the end of school.
- Newsletter Chair – Responsible for performing all duties as editor of this PTA’s monthly newsletter. Compiles information to be included in this newsletter. Determines layout of this newsletter.
- Outdoor Classroom Chair – Responsible for promoting the outdoor classroom through activities that are planned with this campus’ teachers and faculty. Provides the students of this school the opportunity to learn the importance of protecting our environment through hands-on experiences with organic gardening.
- Programs and Curriculum Support Chair – Responsible for student programs for this PTA and for providing programs that support classroom curriculum. Provides information to the teachers and staff members who are interested in programs, determines interest level for certain programs and makes arrangements to bring these programs to campus.
- Publicity Chair – Responsible for compiling newsworthy items to submit to local media for publication. Arranges to have local newspapers present at some of this school’s/PTA’s events. Assists in advertising PTA events that are occurring at the school.
- Reading Counts Chair – Responsible for coordinating the Reading Counts Program for each grade level.
- Reflections Chair – Promotes involvement in the National PTA Reflections program. Publicizes and coordinates the local unit competitions, seeks judges and hosts a public viewing of projects submitted. Communicates participants’ progress through the various levels of competition.
- Room Representative Chair – Responsible for overseeing the Grade Level Coordinators and Room Representative for each classroom. Obtains volunteer information from the Volunteer Chair to help determine these assignments. Works with this school’s principal to determine the dates for PTA sponsored classroom parties and events. This PTA sponsors three (3) parties a year: winter holiday parties, valentine parties, and end of year parties.
- GLCs - Each grade level has a Grade Level Coordinator who works with the lead teacher to plan the end of the year grade level party as well as coordinating classroom parties in December and February with the room representatives.
- Room Representatives - Each class has a representative who works with the teacher and GLC. This parent coordinates class parties by communicating and organizing the parents of each student to facilitate class parties, teacher birthday celebrations, spring auction basket, and end of year gift.
- Spirit Wear Chair – Responsible for selecting spirit items and coordinating sale dates for items to be ordered. Arranges for the distribution of spirit items once orders are received from the vendor.
- Teacher Appreciation Chair - This chair will facilitate a committee to provide appreciation to teachers and staff throughout teacher appreciation week.
- Wrap Pack Chair – Responsible for ordering and delivering wrap packs for the start of the year.
- Youth Protection Chair - Responsible for coordinating and organizing youth protection measures; fire prevention awareness in October; drug abuse prevention through participation in Red Ribbon Week and Bullying Prevention.